Read the current Austin Data Labs Code of Conduct:
Austin Data Labs is building B2B SaaS data science and AI products that serve and support companies working at the heart of the global food supply chain. We value inclusivity, mutual respect, intelligence, empathy, and curiosity.
We expect that Austin Data Labs events, workplaces, events, and forums:
- Are a safe, open, and respectful environment for all participants. We expect you to be kind to each other and to always assume good intent from your teammates. We do not tolerate personal attacks, meanness, or rudeness.
- Are a safe place for all backgrounds, including LGBTQ+.
- Encourage questions. We don’t assume everyone has the same context and we expect our spaces to be a place for learning. We value the courage to say: “I don’t know, let’s find out” and we love lifelong learners.
We also expect members of our community, employees, and event attendees to:
- Listen as much as they speak.
- Presume the value of others. Everyone’s ideas, skills, and contributions have value.
- Help to ensure that the relationships and conversations between community members, government officials, customers, potential customers, and community partners remain respectful, participatory, and productive.
- Contribute to an environment where people are free from discrimination or harassment.
As organizers and facilitators of our spaces, Austin Data Labs employees also commit to:
- Working to ensure that the community is well-represented in the planning, design, and implementation of Austin Data Labs offerings.
- Actively involving community groups and those with subject matter expertise in the decision-making process.
- Enforcing this code of conduct and practicing our organizational values ourselves.
Austin Data Labs reserves the right to ask anyone in violation of these policies not to participate in Austin Data Labs network activities, events, or digital forums. If you want to report a violation of the code of conduct, please contact Austin Data Labs by email.
This policy is based on several other policies, including the Code for America Code of Conduct and the East Bay for Everyone policy. It is a living document which we will update as needed to reflect our values. If you have feedback, please contact us.